Crash Hot Potatoes
Everyone loves this side dish – prepare the potatoes ahead and warm them up just before serving, but don’t leave them unattended in the kitchen - people will pop them in their mouths and they will disappear before dinner! Baby red potatoes are specified, but I have also used baby Yukon Gold – both great with summer barbequed food or a winter stew.
Author: Anne Press
- 1 ½ lbs Baby Red Potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs such as Parsley, Chive, Rosemary or Thyme
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender and a knife can pierce with ease – about 25 minutes. Drain and dry on towel.
- Cover large baking sheet with foil and place the hot potatoes onto the sheet. Add olive oil and roll the potatoes to cover them in oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Using a potato masher with a square grid or a large fork, smash the center of each potato to open it slightly.
- Brush each potato generously with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425° for about 25 minutes until the edges of the potatoes are crunchy and brown at the edges.
- Garnish with chopped herbs.